Walking Away (August Theme) by Bob Krech

This summer I've been watching Season 2 of  The Glee Project with my daughter. She just finished her freshman year in college and I'm finding there are more television shows and movies that we both enjoy and can watch together (ie: The Wire, Modern Family). For a stretch there, there weren't too many programs we had in common and we are not a big TV family so we were working with a limited number to start with. I like to write YA and I'm finding that watching a show like The Glee Project (or Glee for that matter) gives me ideas, background, impressions, language, and really, just lots of material to ponder about the lives of teenagers. I also love the music and the talent. Plus the lyrics to so many of the songs are just plain great writing. It's all a pretty uplifting package.

After watching last night's episode (the season finale!), I find myself humming and singing all kinds of things this morning, so I'm just going go with it. With this in mind, and in a desperate attempt to connect to this month's theme, using perhaps the simplest writing form known to man (the list), here's some of my favorite "walking music" for your playlist:


As She's Walkin' Away - Zac Brown Band featuring Alan Jackson
Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
Walk this Way - Aerosmith or Run - D.M.C. versions (both great!)
Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
I'm Walkin' - Fats Domino
Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino
Sleep Walk - Santo and Johnny (instrumental)
Walk on By - Dionne Warwick
Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke
Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Walking On the Moon - The Police
Walking the Dog - Rufus Thomas
You'll Never Walk Alone - Jerry and the Pacemakers
Walk Like a Man - The Four Seasons

Hey, each one's a little story of its own. And you can dance to them!

Comments

Post a Comment